Total Pageviews

Monday, March 25, 2024

Reading Joy

                                                              I Opened a Book

"I opened a book and in I strode.

 Now nobody can find me.

I've left my chair, my house, my road,

My town and my world behind me.

I'm wearing the cloak, I've slipped on the ring,

I've swallowed the magic potion.

I've fought with a dragon, dined with a king 

And dived in a bottomless ocean.

I opened a book and made some friends.

I shared their tears and laughter.

And followed their road with its bumps and bends

To the happily ever after.

I finished my book and out I came. 

The cloak can no longer hide me.

My chair and my house are just the same,

But I have a book inside me."

                                                                            Written by Julia Donaldson


Isn't this a great thought? 

Northtown Mall in Blaine, Mn., is having a book fair on April 20, 2024, from 11a.m. to 3 p.m. I will be there with my new book, Texas Cakewalk. There will be a variety of children's books and adults. 

If you come I'm sure you will have fun. Stop by my table and say hi. 

I've added this poster. 


1 comment:

Review of Wild River

                          Review Wild River I am putting this review of my book Wild River in my blog. The view just came out from the Los A...